Apple-Butternut Squash Soup
This luxurious tasting, mildly spicy soup has not a drop of cream in it.
The secret to its richness is Glace de Canard Gold complemented with unsweetened applesauce. It’s incredibly simple to make. If you have any left over bits of cooked duck, add them to the soup, as well.
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 11/2 lb butternut squash, split, seeded and cooked until tender
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 cup water
- 11/2 oz Glace de Canard Gold® (More Than Gourmet Duck Stock)***
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp ground white pepper
- salt to taste
- 2–3 tsp Snipped Fresh Chives
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until golden.
- Add squash, applesauce, 2 cups of the water, the Glace de Canard Gold®, ginger, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and purée until smooth.
- Return to pot, add remaining water and salt. Heat until hot, ladle into bowls, garnish with chives, and serve.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.