Black Currant Sauce for Duck and Chicken
This pomegranate based sauce with the added flavor of black currants and cabernet wine provides a sweet tart flavor that is delicious with a variety of poultry and game bird.
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tbs dried green peppercorns, crushed
- 1.5 oz duck stock***
- 3 tbs black currant reduction sauce***
- ¾ cup water
- 3 tbs dried black currants
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Saute the onion, shallots, dried black currants, and crushed peppercorns in butter for 5 minutes in a medium sized saucepan or until they begin to brown.
- Whisk in the water and duck stock and stir until all the duck stock has melted and blended into the mixture. Add the black currant reduction sauce to the pan and blend the ingredients together for 3 minutes.
- Add the cream and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Allow the mixture to reduce until slightly thickened. Salt and pepper to taste and serve over grilled chicken or duck.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.