Blackened Tilapia with Cranberry-Mango Salsa
This is a great summer dish that is sure to get your tongue tingling…
Tilapia is seasoned with blackening seasoning and quickly pan fried or grilled to perfection.
An added spoonful of White Girl Cranberry Mango Salsa adds an amazing kick of flavor.
Grab some flour or corn tortillas and fill them up for a quick meal. Or plate with some grilled veggies and brown rice for a healthy dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ½ lbs. fresh tilapia
- Blackening seasoning
- 1 ½ cups Cranberry-Mango White Girl Salsa
- Rub each side of the tilapia fillets with blackening seasoning. Use a small amount if you prefer a milder fish, or use a heavier hand if you like your fish spicy!
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the tilapia filets, and sauté for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove to a warmed plate.
- Add the salsa to the pan, and heat for about 30 seconds.
- Spoon the salsa over the tilapia and serve.
photo by Janet Hudson