Chocolate Demi Glace Sauce
Individually French classic demi glace and chocolate have been used in everything from cheesecake recipes to saucing meat dishes. Here the two are combined to give you a rich taste with an unusual twist. A demi glace sauce finished with chocolate. Perfect for roasted or grilled red meats, wild game such as venison, elk, boar and buffalo meats.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 2 tsp pomegranate port reduction sauce***
- 1.5 oz Demi-Glace Gold by More Than Gourmet diluted in one cup hot water***
- 1.5 oz unsweetened dark chocolate, crumbled
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2 cloves, finely ground
- Place 1/4 cup water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Continue to boil until sugar is dissolved and the mixture is syrupy and slightly brown.
- Reduce heat and add the port and pomegranate port reduction sauce and stir. Allow the sauce to reduce to a syrupy consistency again and then add the reconstituted demi-glace. Add the chocolate in small pieces and whisk until completely incorporated into the sauce.
- Add butter to the sauce and blend. Adjust seasonings with salt, ground cloves, and black pepper to taste. Serve over meat or along side in a sauce boat.