Corn & Shrimp Chowder
Corn chowder has been a comfort food for many of us for years.
Now we’ve taken this soul satisfying chowder to another level with the addition of shrimp. Its quick, easy and so satisfying to the palate.
- 3 cups defrosted frozen or fresh corn kernels
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 11/2 oz Glace de Fruits de Mer Gold® (More Than Gourmet lobster/seafood stock)***
- 2 cup hot water
- 1 cup light cream or half-and-half
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- ¾ lb medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and cut into ¾-inch slices
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro leaves + extra leaves to garnish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Purée 2 cups of the corn in a food processor until smooth and set aside.
- melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until wilted 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in puréed corn, the diluted Glace de Fruits de Mer Gold® in two cups hot water, light cream and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining corn, bell pepper, shrimp, cilantro, and salt and pepper. Gently simmer until shrimp are just cooked through.
- Ladle into bowls, garnish with cilantro leaves and serve.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.