Dried Cherry Cognac Glace for Beef
This sauce is a delicious compliment to a holiday meal, especially when it comes to fork tender beef cuts.
It adds the perfect sweet taste of cherries blended with cognac into a rich smooth sauce that will have your guests savoring the dish to the very last bite.
- 4 oz dried cherries
- ¾ cup Cognac or brandy
- 1½ oz Glace de Viande Gold® (Brown Stock)***
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 tbs cold butter
- Place the dried cherries in a bowl.
- Warm the cognac in a saucepan on a low heat.
- Pour the warm cognac over the dried cherries and allow them to soak for a minimum of 8 to 24 hours.
- Place the reconstituted dried cherries with any remaining cognac in a food processor with a metal blade and process until smooth.
- Combine the Glace de Viande Gold® with the water in a large sauté pan. Bring to the boil and reduce mixture to half the original volume. Add the cherry mixture.
- Add heavy cream, season with salt and pepper and stir well.
- Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat. Whisk the cold butter into the mixture and serve.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.