Grilled Fruit Kabobs w/Chocolate Sauce Drizzle
This is the perfect way to top off a delicious barbecue with family and friends.
It’s simple and easy and everyone can join in on the fun of preparing, grilling and drizzling their own kabobs.
Your job is to cut up the fruit, soak the skewers in water and gently heat the chocolate sauce of choice – and oh if you’re into it, toast up some sliced almonds or other nut to sprinkle on top.
Now that’s a party we can all enjoy.
- 4 fresh firm peaches cut into 8 wedges each
- 1 fresh medium sized pineapple cleaned and cut into bite sized chunks
- 16 fresh firm medium sized strawberries, keep whole
- 2 fresh mangoes, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 fresh honeydew, cantaloupe or watermelon (any or all) into bite sized pieces.
- 1/2 jar Izzybelle chocolate sauce – select – original, raspberry, orange or chili cinnamon
- 12 wooden skewers soaked for 10 minutes in warm water
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds or other nut of choice (optional)
- Prepare the grill by bringing it up to a medium high heat.
- Place all the cleaned, prepared and cut up fruit into several large bowls on the table alongside pre-soaked skewers, a small dish with light olive oil and pastry brush, warmed chocolate sauce and a flat dish with sliced toasted almond nuts.
- Allow guests to select and thread the fruits of choice onto a skewer (only thread about half way on the skewer). Using a pastry brush lightly brush each completed kabob with just a little of the olive oil.
- Place the kabobs on the grill and turn several times to get light grill marks on the pieces of fruit. Remove the fruit from grill to serving plates. Drizzle the fruit with the desired chocolate sauce and sprinkle with nuts. Enjoy!
photo by zoomar