Luxurious Turkey-Mushroom Risotto with White Truffle Oil
Never again will left-over turkey be thought of as mundane once you feast on this delectable risotto.
Sautéed white mushrooms and onions along with Arborio rice become creamy yet al dente as turkey stock is slowly stirred into this traditional Italian dish.
Then add splash of white wine, diced turkey, Parmigiano and – here’s where it’s special – a final spoonful of white truffle oil. If you’re in a flamboyant mood, you might shave on fresh white truffles.
For the rest of us mortals, this is already a heavenly celebration that must be served immediately.
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- 4 oz white fresh mushrooms, wiped, trimmed and sliced
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup arborio rice
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 11/2 oz Glace de Volaille Gold® (More Than Gourmet Turkey Stock) + 3 cups hot water***
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- 1 cup cooked turkey cut into small dice
- ¼ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbs white truffle oil (available at www.clubsauce.com)***
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Melt 2 tbs of the butter in a heavy medium-size casserole.
- Add the onions and sauté over medium-high heat until golden.
- Stir in the mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining butter and the rice, turning to coat the grains with butter.
- Pour in the wine and cook over high heat until it has evaporated.
- Adjust the heat to medium and begin adding the hot stock in _ cup portions.
- Add the salt and cook, stirring frequently, until the liquid is absorbed before continuing with the next addition.
- When finished, the rice texture should be creamy and al dente. Turn off the heat, stir in the turkey, cheese, parsley, truffle oil and black pepper. Serve at once.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.