Mediterranean Mushroom Olive Sauce
This delicious and versatile sauce is as tasty with vegetarian dishes as it is with chicken, various cuts of meat, fish and pasta dishes. The combination of fresh herbs, tomatoes and olives provide a tasty and aromatic addition to your favorite dishes.
- 2 oz butter
- 2 tbs shallots, minced
- 2 large mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 green olives, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 white peppercorns, cracked
- 1 Roma tomato, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 sun dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ tsp fresh thyme
- ½ tsp fresh chervil
- ½ tsp fresh basil
- ½ tsp fresh parsley
- 1 cup red wine
- 11/2 oz. Veggie-Glace Gold® (More Than Gourmet Veggie demi-glace)***
- 2 tsp olive paste (use additional chopped olives, if not available)
- Sauté shallots in butter briefly, then add mushrooms, olives, garlic, and pepper, and cook for 1–2 minutes.
- Add tomato, sun dried tomato, thyme, chervil, basil, and parsley, and cook until very little moisture remains.
- Add red wine and bring to a rapid boil, then add Veggie-Glace Gold® and continue cooking while stirring until the Veggie-Glace Gold® is dissolved and the sauce reaches the desired consistency.
- Stir in the olive paste and serve.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.