Merlot for Veal
This adaptation of a classic wine sauce uses merlot to accent the full flavor of the meat rather than over-powering it. You will find it is a quick and simple sauce to make whether you are cooking professionally or the home cook who is looking for an exquisite sauce for a favorite meat dish.
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup Merlot wine
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2 oz Glace de Viande Gold® (Brown Stock) ***
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tbs heavy whipping cream
- Sauté the shallot in the butter on medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the Merlot and thyme and reduce by 3/4.
- Add the Glace de Viande Gold® and water. Whisk until thoroughly dissolved. Whisk in the cream.
- Serve along side or drizzle over the meat and serve.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.