Mustard Tarragon Vermouth Sauce
French sauces have been the backbone for many a creative chef.
This is one of those sauces that is a tried and true adaptation of the French classic. It has a delicate flavor that nurtures the grilled freshness of white fleshed fish as well as grilled chicken breasts.
- 3 tbs butter, unsalted
- 3 tbs shallots, minced
- ½ cup Vermouth, dry
- 4 tbs Double Cream or heavy cream
- 11/2 oz Glace de Poulet Gold® (roasted chicken stock)***
- ¼ tsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- white pepper and salt
- Sauté shallots in one tbs butter.
- Add Vermouth and reduce until shallots are barely wet.
- Add cream and reduce by half. Add Glace de Poulet Gold® and whisk until dissolved.
- Add tarragon and mustard. Stir in remaining butter ¼ tbs at a time, swirling constantly to incorporate the butter slowly into the sauce. Sauce will break if boiled too rapidly.
- Add salt and pepper and serve over grilled chicken or fish.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.