Mustard and White Wine Sauce
Mustard and white wine makes a classic sauce for fish. Try this delicious sauce with any poached or braised firm fleshed fish.
- 2 tbs butter
- 23/4 oz button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ⅛ lb shallots, finely chopped
- pinch of curry powder
- 1 tbs cognac
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- ¾oz Fumet de Poisson Gold® (More Than Gourmet fish stock) diluted with ¾ cup hot water***
- 11/4 tbs cream
- 1 tsp English mustard powder dissolved in a little water
- 2 tbs wholegrain mustard
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a saucepan melt the butter, add the mushrooms and shallots and sweat for 1 min.
- Stir in the curry powder and add the cognac and wine. Bring to the boil, and reduce the liquid by one-third.
- Pour in the diluted fish stock, simmer for 5 minutes, then add the cream and the English Mustard.
- Cook until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and pass the sauce through a wire-mesh conical strainer. Stir in the wholegrain mustard and serve.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.