New York Strip Steak with Cabernet Butter Sauce
For steak lovers there is nothing more tempting than a luscious steak with a French wine-butter sauce.
This delicious sauce is well reduced so you can still retain all the flavor of a rich sauce without all the extra butter that is called for in most recipes.
It is all about the ingredients and we think you will find this recipe on your “A” list.
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil***
- 4 6- to 8-oz. New York Strip steaks, blotted dry
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 3/4 cup good quality cabernet or cabernet sauvignon wine (please no cooking wines)
- 1 tbs Demi-Glace Gold® + 1/2 c. hot water ***
- 4–5 tbs unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Warm a platter or plates in a slow oven.
- On the stove, heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat until very hot. Add extra virgin olive oil, then steaks, and sauté meat until desired doneness (2 minutes on each side for rare, 3 minutes for medium-rare).
- Transfer steaks to oven and discard excess fat from pan.
- Sauté shallots in pan for 20 seconds, then add wine and diluted stock, stirring to incorporate all browned cooking bits into liquid.
- Boil liquid until reduced to 2 to 3 tbs.
- Off the heat, whisk in butter a tablespoon at a time. Add chopped parsley. If desired, cut the steak into slices across the grain of the meat. Spoon sauce onto meat and serve.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.