Oh Those Onions!
Sautéed Onions. No one can resist this do-everything condiment.
We have friends who make vats of it for holiday gifts. Use it to serve on grilled steak or chicken, over a baked potato, as a topping for a grilled cheese sandwich or eat it directly from the jar.
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- 3 tbs unsalted butter (or use all oil)
- 4 lb onions, peeled and sliced
- 11/2 oz Glace de Canard Gold® (More Than Gourmet Duck Stock) + 1/2 cup hot water***
- 3 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs fresh thyme leaves or 2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil and butter in a large casserole over medium-high heat. Stir in onions and cook until golden brown, stirring often.
- Add the diluted Glace de Canard Gold®, vinegar, and thyme to onions, bring to a boil, and cook until liquid coats the onions, stirring often. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to glass jars and refrigerate.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.