Orange Sauce for Duck and Chicken
Orange Sauce is always a welcome delight at any dinner table. Impress your family and friends with this simple to make sauce that is as delicious for duck and chicken as it is for wild bird.
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tbs dried green peppercorns, crushed
- 11/2 oz Glace de Canard Gold® (More Than Gourmet Duck Stock)***
- 2 tbs orange marmalade
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 tbs Cointreau
- 1 tbs orange zest, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute the onion, shallot and crushed peppercorns in butter for 5 minutes (until they begin to brown).
- Add the Glace de Canard Gold®, marmelade and water.
- Whisk until Glace de Canard and marmelade are dissolved.
- Add the cream and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, allowing sauce to reduce slightly.
- Just before serving, add Cointreau and orange zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper if needed.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.