Port, Marsala or Madeira Sauce
Wine sauce one of the most requested sauce recipes that we have found.
And we are amazed at how easy it is for the home cook to create.
By using one of the three wines for this recipe you can vary the boldness, depth, and sweetness of the sauce to your liking.
Delicious served over beef, veal, pork, chicken or other grilled or roasted meats.
- 1 oz butter
- 3 tbs shallots, minced
- ½ tsp black peppercorns, cracked
- ¼ tsp dried thyme or ½ tsp fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup red wine
- ¾ cup Port, Marsala or Madiera wine
- 11/2 oz Demi-Glace Gold®***
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup cream
- Sauté shallots in butter for 1–2 minutes or until translucent.
- Add peppercorns, thyme, and bay leaf and cook 30 seconds.
- Add red wine and reduce by half. Add Port, Marsala or Madeira wine and bring to boil.
- Add Demi-Glace Gold® and whisk until dissolved.***
- Add cream and reduce, then add enough water to reach desired sauce thickness.
- Strain and serve.