Port Wine Sauce with Sun-Dried Cherries
Grilled, pan seared or roasted turkey, chicken, duck and wild bird calls for a flavorful sauce and we are not going to let you down. This sauce is a variation on other port and sun dried cherry sauces that we have presented in our recipe collection. It is the variation of seasonings and the influence of different flavored demi-glace that makes each sauce unique.
- 1 oz butter
- 2 tbs shallots, minced
- 1 tsp black peppercorn, cracked
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- ¾ cup port wine
- ¼ cup red wine
- 11/2 oz Jus de Poulet Lié Gold® (Demi-Glace Gold® Or Veggie-Glace Gold® may also be used) ***
- ½ cup water, hot
- ½ cup sun-dried cherries
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Sauté shallots, peppercorn, thyme, and bay leaf in butter for 1–2 minutes or until shallots are translucent.
- Add port and red wine and reduce by half. Add Jus de Poulet Lié Gold® or other demi-glace and whisk until dissolved.
- Add enough water to reach desired sauce thickness. Strain the sauce and return to the pan.
- Add sun-dried cherries and cream (and stir in additional butter, if desired) and return to a simmer while whisking. Serve with roasted turkey, chicken, or other poultry.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.