Roast Turkey Breast with Tarragon Pan Sauce
A whole turkey is grand for the holidays, but a juicy boneless turkey breast with delicious pan gravy is so easy and just the right size to savor any time of the year.
As you slice the turkey, there’s a swirl of green herbs and Dijon mustard. Serve it hot or at room temperature.
- 1 whole turkey breast, boned and butterflied, blotted dry
- 3 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs paprika
- 2 tbs each finely chopped flat-leaf parsley and fresh tarragon or all parsley + extras to garnish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbs vegetable Oil
- ¾ cup Vermouth, dry
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 1 oz Fond de Poulet Gold® (white chicken stock)***
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Open breast out flat, skin side down, and brush with mustard. Sprinkle on paprika, then the parsley and tarragon, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roll turkey up from one side to the other, forming a cylinder. Tie well with string in several places.
- Heat oil in a shallow roasting pan over medium-high heat and brown turkey on all sides.
- Roast in oven for about 25 minutes per pound, basting twice, or until a meat thermometer reads 145° to 150°F.
- Transfer turkey to a platter and keep in turned-off oven.
- Deglaze pan with vermouth and orange juice, scraping up all the browned cooking bits.
- Whisk in Fond de Poulet Gold® and boil until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Taste to adjust seasonings. Remove strings from turkey and cut into ¾-inch (2 cm) slices. Spoon on sauce, sprinkle on parsley, and serve.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.