This is a simple palate-pleasing sauce for a variety of beef cuts such as grilled steaks, tenderloin, and roasts when using the French classic demi-glace.
With a slight variation, you will find this same sauce just as delicious with poultry when substituting the chicken demi-glace or with vegetables, potatoes, pasta, and grains when using the veggie-glace.
- 1 oz butter
- 3 tbs shallots, minced
- 2 tsp black or green peppercorn, cracked
- 1 cup red wine (please no cooking wines)
- 11/2 oz. Demi-Glace Gold® *** or you can use Jus de Poulet Lié Gold® (chicken demi-glace)*** or Veggie-Glace Gold® (vegetable demi-glace)***
- ½ cup water, hot
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Sauté shallots in butter for 1–2 minutes or until translucent.
- Add peppercorns and cook 30 seconds. Add red wine and reduce by half.
- Add Demi-Glace Gold® and whisk until dissolved.
- Add enough water to reach desired sauce thickness.
- Add parsley and serve over desired dish.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.