Mustard has been a common ingredient in a number of French recipes. This is probably one of the most famous and best known sauces using mustard for pork dishes, and other roasted and grilled meats. It is as popular among chefs today either by itself or embellished with additional seasonings to create their own signature dish.
- 1 oz butter
- ½ cup onions, finely diced
- 1 cup white wine (please, no cooking wine)
- 11/2 oz Demi-Glace Gold®***
- ¾ tsp dry mustard, dissolved in warm water
- ½ cup water, hot
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Sauté onions in butter for 2–3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add white wine and reduce by half.
- Add Demi-Glace Gold® and whisk until dissolved.
- Add dissolved mustard and then add enough water to reach desired sauce thickness.
- Strain the sauce and return to pan.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and stir in additional butter if desired.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.