It’s all about the Sauce
Did you know that adding thin strips of citrus zest to a sauce or gravy will enhance the flavor? Sauce Master Jules Silver of Club Sauce recommends using lemon or lime as a compliment to grilled meats, chicken, or fish.
Passionate about Sauce
Jules is passionate about sauce, and wants you to experience a world flavored by his creations. He has dedicated himself to the world of sauce for over 14 years, creating his own distinctive line of six pomegranate reduction sauces.
The inspiration for these sauces came from the public’s demand for foods that are natural, healthy, and limited in added sweeteners, preservatives, and fillers. “It is my belief that I have answered that request with one of the most recognized, nutritious and healthy fruits, pomegranate. At the same time, I have maintained all the healthy attributes that it has to offer,” says Jules.
In fact, MarXana Brand Foods is the only manufacturer and retailer of all-natural pomegranate reduction sauces in the United States. The uniqueness of each flavor makes them a perfect finishing sauce or addition to a variety of recipes from salad dressings to desserts.
So, from one Sauce Master to other aspiring connoisseurs, let’s start making your dishes all about the sauce!
Want another tip?
When making chocolate demi glace, or any other sauce, avoid using cooking wines as much as possible. Salt is often added to these wines as a preservative. Use a good quality wine. It’s worth it!
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup port wine
- 2 tsp pomegranate port reduction sauce
- 1.5 oz demi glace by More Than Gourmet diluted in one cup hot water
- 1.5 oz unsweetened dark chocolate, crumbled
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2 cloves, finely ground
- Place ¼ cup water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Continue to boil until sugar is dissolved and the mixture is syrupy and slightly brown.
- Reduce heat and add the port and pomegranate port reduction sauce and stir. Allow the sauce to reduce to a syrupy consistency again, and then add the reconstituted demi-glace. Add the chocolate in small pieces and whisk until completely incorporated into the sauce.
- Add butter to the sauce and blend. Adjust seasonings with salt, ground cloves, and black pepper to taste. Serve over meat or along side in a sauce boat.
For more information, please visit www.clubsauce.com to learn about our fabulous recipes and professional line of More Than Gourmet demi glace and stocks. We carry four different demi glace and over twelve different stocks, including fish, seafood/lobster, chicken, beef, veal, lamb, turkey, duck and more. They’re simple, easy to use products that will add a natural richness and depth of flavor to all your favorite sauces, soups, stews, rice and pasta dishes, stir-fry, braising liquids and more.