Sautéed Turkey Cutlets with Lemon-Caper Sauce
A quick turkey dinner that has all the style and elegance of veal picata.
Jus de Poulet Lié Gold makes the sauce taste rich with less butter than might be used in the Italian classic.
Serve with mashed potatoes or pasta to absorb all the succulent, picant sauce.
- 3 tbs unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 11/2 tbs extra virgin olive oil ***
- 11/2 turkey breast, sliced and pounded to about ¼-inch thick flour for dredging salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 11/2 oz Jus de Poulet Lié Gold® + 1 cup hot water to dissolve ***
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbs capers packed in salt, rinsed
- Heat 11/2 tbs of butter and the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- As it heats, lightly flour 1 or 2 cutlets, patting to remove excess flour. Once butter foams, slide in cutlet. If a second will fit without crowding, add it to the pan.
- Fat should sizzle each time. When cutlets are golden brown on first side, about 45 seconds, turn and cook second side until browned, then transfer to a warm platter and season with salt and pepper.
- Once all cutlets are cooked, stir in dissolved Jus de Poulet Lié Gold® and boil to reduce liquid by half, stirring up all the browned cooking bits.
- Stir in lemon juice and boil again.
- Add parsley, capers, and stir in remaining 11/2 tbs of butter. Return cutlets to pan, turning to coat with sauce. Serve on heated plates, spooning sauce over turkey.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.