Simply Perfect Turkey Gravy
Making a delicious turkey gravy doesn’t require that you have the drippings from a slow roasted turkey.
This simply perfect turkey gravy only requires our More Than Gourmet Turkey Stock as the secret ingredient. It’s so simple to make with just a few roasted vegetables to round out the flavors for this delicious gravy recipe.
- 11/2 oz Graisse de Canard Gold® (duck fat)***
- 41/2 cups mixed coarsely diced carrots, celery and onion
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 oz Glace de Volaille Gold® (More Than Gourmet Turkey Stock) + 4 cup hot water***
- 2 medium sprigs flat-leaf parsley
- 1 sprig fresh thyme or ½ tsp dried thyme leaves
- 6 tbs unsalted butter
- 6 tbs all-purpose flour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2–3 tbs minced flat-leaf parsley
- Heat the duck fat in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Sauté the vegetables until richly browned and soft, about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the wine, turn the heat to high and cook until the liquid has almost completely evaporated, stirring up all the browned cooking bits.
- Meanwhile, combine the stock, parsley and thyme in a saucepan and simmer while the vegetables cook.
- Purée the softened vegetables along with 1 cup of the stock in an electric blender until smooth. Strain and stir into the purée.
- In a clean saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Whisk in the flour and cook, stirring continuously, until it turns a rich, nutty brown.
- Turn off the heat and whisk in the stock until smooth, taking care to scrape the bottom and corners well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the parsley and serve.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.