Pasta hot or cold seems to be an American favorite anytime of year. This penne pasta dish can be made vegetarian style without the bacon or for those that like a little meatier flavor, add the bacon. Either way this dish is a winner as a main course or as a side dish.
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive Oil***
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ¼ slice bacon, chopped (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp Jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp Tabasco
- 2 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup red wine
- 11/2 oz Veggie-Glace Gold® (More Than Gourmet veggie demi-glace)***
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white corn (precooked, canned is fine)
- 1 lb Penne pasta (cooked separately in salted boiling water)
- Sauté onion and bacon in olive oil. Add garlic, jalapenos, chili powder,
- thyme, oregano, black pepper, Tabasco, and half of the cilantro.
- Add red wine and reduce by half, then add the Veggie-Glace Gold®, tomatoes,
- and tomato paste. Stir until Veggie-Glace Gold® is completely dissolved.
- Add water and corn, and return to a simmer. Toss with cooked penne, sprinkle with remaining cilantro and serve.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.