Spicy Ginger Garlic Sauce
The ginger and garlic combination in this sauce is enhanced with the sweet, spicy flavor of peppers, curry and soy sauce. You can give your favorite fare an Asian twist whether you choose to keep it vegetarian or are making a sauce for vegetables, fish, shrimp, chicken or pork.
- 2 oz sugar
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 2 tbs shallots, sliced thinly
- 2 inch piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 oz red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbs red chili paste
- ¼ tsp curry powder
- ½ fresh lime, juice only
- ½ cup apple juice
- 11/2 oz Veggie-Glace Gold® (More Than Gourmet veggie demi-glace)
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- Heat sugar over moderate heat in a non-stick pan until caramelized (amber in color)
- Add peanut oil and sauté shallots, ginger, garlic, pepper and chili paste for 1–2 minutes or until shallots are translucent.
- Add curry powder and cook briefly. Add lime and apple juice and reduce by half.
- Add Veggie-Glace Gold® and vinegar. Bring to the boil and stir until dissolved and sauce is at the desired consistency.
- Add soy sauce, then strain and serve.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.