Steamed Mussels with Chile & Lemongrass
There’s nothing like a pot of mussels and French fries when in Belgium.
Here we have taken some of the best ingredients and combined them into one tantalizing dish. Serve with crusty French bread to soak up every last drop of sauce.
Imagine all of these great tastes from your very own kitchen without the added expense and airfare.
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- ½ medium red onion, sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, trimmed, center portion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ Thai chile or 1 small Jalapeño pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 lb. mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 2 cup dry white wine
- 11/2 oz Glace de Fruits de Mer Gold® (More Than Gourmet Lobster/Seafood Stock) +1 cup hot water to dilute***
- 3 large sprigs flat-leaf parsley
- juice of ½ lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a deep casserole over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until just wilted, then stir in lemongrass, garlic, and chile and cook
- for 30 seconds.
- Add mussels, wine, diluted Glace de Fruits de Mer Gold®, and parsley.
- Cover and cook just until mussels open.
- Squeeze on lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, stir, and serve. Discard any mussels that do not open.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.