Grown for the commercial dry market almost exclusively in China. This mushroom has other names such as Tree Ear and Black Fungus. Believed by many to be good for the heart. Wood Ear look like ears growing out of trees, hence the name. When reconstituted, the brownish tan inner color blends with the black exterior color to create a singled colored brownish black mushroom. The Wood Ear have a firm, thick skin with a slightly crunchy texture and earthy flavor.
- 5 pounds of dried wood ear black fungus
- Traditional mushroom for Chinese recipes
- Rehydrates quickly; Sliced to same general thickness; Chef approved
- Our packaging meets all US Food Manufacturing Standards for cleanliness and purity
- New Tiger started its mushroom importing business 18 years ago; It was the first US Company bringing Asian shiitake mushroom into the US from China, Japan and Korea; Now we import mushrooms from Asia and East Europe.