Have you ever bought a splendid loaf of bread only to have it go stale?
Have you wanted a special garnish for your soup or salad?
These croutons will do just that!
The flavor is sensational and, from a healthy heart stand point, duck fat is similar to olive oil.
- 1 Clove Garlic, split
- 11/2 oz Graisse de Canard Gold® (More Than Gourmet Duck Fat) or extra virgin olive oil***
- 1 cup stale 7-grain, Rye, or Sour Dough Bread cubes, crusts removed, about ¾ x ¾ inch
- salt to taste
- Combine garlic with Graisse de Canard Gold® or extra virgin olive oil in a small bowl, mashing to infuse duck fat with garlic.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Turn cubes quickly in mixture to coat all sides, then sauté until golden on all sides.
- Remove to paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Use for salads or soups.