Unlimited Taste on an Limited Budget
Delicious Budget Friendly Meals
Even when budgets are tight, you can still create gourmet meals right in your own home. Saucemaster, Jules Silver, owner of Club Sauce , can help you save money and have fun making restaurant-quality, gourmet dishes. His expert tips and cooking advice can get you started making your own signature delicious dish when time and money are limited.
Using Cooking Stocks
As the professional chefs of Morton’s Steakhouse have already discovered, More Than Gourmet Demi Glace Gold is one of the best cooking aids on the market today. It’s not only delicious, but it saves valuable time, money and storage space, giving you a quick and easy way to create excellent dishes whether you’re entertaining a crowd or dinner “au deux”.
No more roasting bones for hours, adding countless aromatics and seasonings, skimming, reducing, skimming, and reducing again. Need I say more? And the savings! Chefs in homes and restaurants alike will appreciate the ability to create a quality product without all the expense, fuss, and muss to make it right.
Consider this: the cost per serving from a one pound container of demi glace ranges between $.65 and $.75. A typical one-pound jar of glace contains between 48 and 60 servings, depending on usage, and is shelf-stable for up to 18 months. Once opened, it will typically last up to one year if refrigerated. This translates into 4 servings once a month for one- year. Most home cooks will use one pound of demi glace in 3 to 6 months time with all the
flavor and taste of a freshly made demi glace.
And check this out! This exclusive recipe for a gourmet meal that is simple and budget friendly from the saucemaster is available at www.clubsauce.com .
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil ***
- 11/2 cup of finely chopped onion, carrot, and celery combined
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 6 oz. each ground beef, pork, and veal
- ½ cup dry white wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 11/2 oz. Demi-Glace Gold® *** + 11/2 C hot water
- 1 tbs tomato Paste
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3–4 tbs light cream
- Melt 2 tbs. of the butter and the oil in a large casserole over medium heat.
- Sauté onion, carrot, and celery until soft and lightly colored, 6 to 8 minutes, then stir in garlic.
- Add ground meats and cook until lightly browned and separated into small pieces, breaking up chunks with a wooden spoon.
- Pour in wine, bring mixture to a boil, and cook until liquid almost evaporates.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in diluted Demi-Glace Gold® and tomato paste. Cover pan, reduce heat so liquid gently simmers, and cook for about 11/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in parsley and cream, simmer uncovered for 10 minutes to thicken slightly, then add the remaining T. (15 ml) of butter. Taste to adjust seasonings and serve.
***These items are all available on the www.clubsauce.com website if they cannot be purchased at your local gourmet shop. Please be sure to try our fabulous recipes and professional line of More Than Gourmet demi glace and stocks. We carry four different demi glace and over twelve different stocks, including fish, seafood/lobster, chicken, beef, veal, lamb, turkey, duck and more. They’re simple, easy to use products that will add a natural richness and depth of flavor to all your favorite sauces, soups, stews, rice and pasta dishes, stir-fry, braising liquids and more.
You can find many more expert tips and recipes at www.clubsauce.com/recipes. And if you have any questions or comments, please contact us. We would love to hear from fellow sauce enthusiasts at 888-560-3562.
For more information and to purchase pomegranate reduction sauces, please visit www.clubsauce.com