Vegetarian Apple-Butternut Squash Soup
This luxurious tasting, mildly spicy soup has not a drop of cream in it.
The secret to its richness is Veggie Stock Gold complemented with unsweetened applesauce. It’s incredibly simple to make.
You can easily add a dash of curry powder and if you prefer one cup of coconut milk for one cup of water for an added twist of flavor.
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 11/2 lb butternut squash, split, seeded and cooked until tender
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 cup water
- 11/2 oz Veggie Stock Gold® (More Than Gourmet Veggie Stock)***
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp ground white pepper
- salt to taste
- 2-3 tsp Snipped Fresh Chives
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until golden.
- Add squash, applesauce, 2 cups of the water, the Glace de Canard Gold®, ginger, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and purée until smooth.
- Return to pot, add remaining water and salt. Heat until hot, ladle into bowls, garnish with chives, and serve.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.