Vegetarian Cranberry-Pecan Couscous
Take your vegetarian holiday dinner up a notch when you add this fragrant couscous to the table. A delicious combination of dried cranberries, a splash of orange juice and toasted pecans added to the mix will receive rave reviews from your family and guests. If there are leftovers the day after whether tofu or turkey dice it up and toss with a mustard vinaigrette for a savory salad.
- 2 tbs unsalted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 large rib celery, finely chopped
- 11/2 cups dried couscous
- 11/2 oz Veggie Glace® (More Than Gourmet Vegetable Stock) + 2 cups hot water***
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- grated zest of 1 orange
- 2 tbs flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the butter or oil in a medium casserole. Stir in the onion and celery and cook over medium heat until the onion is translucent and golden.
- Stir in the couscous, pour in the diluted Veggie Glace Gold® and orange juice, bring to a boil, then turn the heat to low.
- Stir in the cranberries, cover and cook until all the liquid has evaporated, 5–7 minutes.
- Remove the cover and fluff with a fork. Stir in the pecans, orange zest, parsley, salt and pepper. Serve at once or keep warm over
- low heat, stirring occasionally.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.