Velvet Carrot & Ginger Soup
With only a few ingredients in this soup, each must be the best you can find.
Choose young, tender carrots, pure Veggie Stock Gold, and high quality butter. A few spoons of rice, cooked with the carrots, thicken the soup into a satiny potion. Sweated carrots retain a vibrant orange hue.
- 4 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 lb. baby carrots, scraped and diced
- ½ cup finely chopped shallots
- 3 tbs raw white rice
- 3 tbs minced candied ginger (available at most groceries)
- 1 oz Veggie Stock Gold® (vegetable stock) + 3 cup water***
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 3 tbs finely chopped fresh chives
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir in the carrots, shallots, and rice.
- Cover tightly and sweat over medium-low heat until very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add ginger and diluted Veggie Stock and process until smooth.
- Return to pan, season with salt and pepper, stir in chives, and heat until hot.
- Ladle into heated soup bowls and serve.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.