Walnut Parmesan Sauce
This rich tasting walnut, parmesan cheese combination makes an ideal sauce for turkey breasts any time of year. Serve with simply roasted vegetables and a favorite salad for a meal that goes beyond the ordinary bill of fare.
- ½cup walnuts
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅛ tsp cloves, ground
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon, ground
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper or more to taste
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp flour
- 1 tsp Glace de Gibier Gold from More Than Gourmet diluted in ¾ cup hot water***
- ½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbs fresh flat-leafed parsley, chopped
- 1 tbs olive oil***
- 4 turkey cutlets or 2 medium sized turkey breasts cut in half
- salt and pepper to taste
- truffle oil, optional***
- Place walnuts in a single layer on a flat oven safe pan. Place pan in pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for several minutes until they just begin to turn toasty. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a food processor grind one half of the walnuts into a fine powder. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and continue to cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the cloves, cinnamon, cayenne and salt. Stir the ingredients together for 30 seconds. Add the flour continuing to stir and incorporate the ingredients for 30 more seconds. Whisk in the diluted turkey stock and continue to blend until sauce begins to thicken about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the ground walnuts and continue to whisk the ingredients.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and add parmesan cheese and stir to blend and set aside.
- In a separate non-stick frying pan add the olive oil and heat over medium-high on the stovetop. Lightly salt and pepper the turkey cutlets and place in the pan. Cook approximately 2 minutes per side until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Place the cooked turkey cutlets on individual plates. Ladle the sauce on top of each cutlet. Sprinkle with remaining toasted walnuts, chopped parsley and if desired a little splash of truffle oil on each. Serve with a side of a simple pasta tossed with extra virgin olive oil and garlic and roasted or sauteed vegetable such as asparagus or green beans.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.