Wild Game Sausage on Polenta with Balsamic Sauce
If you think sausages are only everyday fare, you haven’t tasted this over-the-top combination. Creamy truffle-scented polenta has to be just this side of heaven. Topped with succulent game sausages and a tangy-sweet balsamic vinegar sauce, the results are sublime.
- 6 duck, venison or other wild game sausages
- 1 sprig rosemary + 2 sprigs for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil ***
- 1 tbs sugar
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar ***
- 1½ oz Glace de Gibier Gold® (Game or Venison Stock) + ½ cup hot water ***
- 11/2 cup water (for use in making polenta)
- ½ cup instant polenta
- 1 tbs white truffle oil ***
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs pine nuts, toasted
- Marinate sausages with rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil for 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan, lightly caramelize the sugar over low heat. Whisk in balsamic vinegar, bring to a boil over high heat, and reduce by one-third.
- Dilute Glace de Gibier Gold® with hot water and add to the balsamic mixture. Return to a boil, reduce to sauce consistency, remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Cook polenta according to package directions, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, add butter, and cheese. Taste to adjust seasonings. Keep warm.
- Broil or sauté sausages until still slightly pink in the center, turning occasionally.
- Add white truffle oil to polenta. Divide polenta and sausages between 2 dinner plates.
- Stir pine nuts into sauce and spoon over sausages. Add sprigs of rosemary and serve.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.