Yukon Gold Garlic Smashed Potatoes
Chunky-smooth smashed potatoes add old fashioned comfort to any meal.
We’ve taken a somewhat modern approach by using Yukon Gold potatoes (or red bliss) and combining them with roasted garlic, Veggie-Glace Gold, some milk, and a minimum of butter.
A lot of fat and calories but none of the taste and pleasure. Use this same method for other vegetables like turnips, cauliflower, etc.
- 1 large head garlic, about ½-inch sliced off bottom
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs Yukon gold or red bliss potatoes, scrubbed and coarsely chopped
- 11/2 oz Veggie-Glace Gold® (More Than Gourmet veggie demi glace)***
- ½–3/4 cup milk, heated
- 1–2 tbs unsalted butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush garlic with olive oil. Wrap in aluminum foil and roast until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove and squeeze out cooked garlic cloves, mashing them until smooth.
- Combine with Veggie-Glace Gold® and milk, stirring until blended, and heat until hot.
- While garlic roasts, cover potatoes with cold water, bring to a boil, and cook until completely tender.
- Drain, add garlic-stock-milk mixture, and mash until somewhat smooth. Add butter, salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
***These items are all available through the Club Sauce Website Store if they cannot be found at your local gourmet shop.